Thursday, July 25, 2013

Savoring God in Memories and Messes

Dad,

Thanks for stopping by tonight.   I love you! When the phone rang and Mia said "Can papa stop by?" complete opposite emotions and thoughts sprung up inside me.  "Oh crap, the house is a disaster" and "I'm so glad he wants to stop by and see us."  As you were here I was flooded with such heartwarming memories.  As you talk with Emma, suppose to be sleeping in bed, I think of the times you would lay with us playing the imagination game.  We were free to imagine "whatever our little hearts desired."  Then to fall asleep, usually you first, peacefully and our hearts full of love. I pray that God would allow me to do this for my kids.  Thanks for filling the girls and my heart with love and peace.

With love,
Kristin 

Those initial thoughts were replaced with wonderful memories and the challenge to pass love and peace on to the next generation. The next generation, Emma and Sophia, were pouring water all over the kitchen, bathroom, and clothing on separate play accounts, all earlier today.  I only wanted to pass them a towel, quickly and swiftly. I also wanted to throw in the towel on parenting them.  More laundry piling up. Love and Peace?  This was far from me.  Thank you Lord for this brief visit from my dad.  I still want to make my dad proud.  I can not earn his love, he loves me because I am his child.  This was an example he lived out that reflects Christ love for me.  God continually gives me whatever my little heart desires. I do truly desire to pass on His Peace and Love to my children. I desire to know and learn about God to pass this on to the next generation.  

Psalm 103:8 - 19

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin! This is so beautiful!! Keep writing, sister...when you have the time ;-)

    ReplyDelete